At Simple Feast we are on a mission to change the world’s eating habits towards a more sustainable future. We do it by using the power of plants. As we are scaling, we add more talents to the team that are interested in doing impactful work. We are looking for someone to take on the position as Frontend Developer as part of our Tech Team.
This position offers the possibility to work fully remote or as a hybrid role from our HQ in Copenhagen. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office location: Copenhagen, Denmark.
Remote location: Romania.
What you’ll do
You’ll be joining the Frontend team, helping maintain and expand our website and online shopping experience. On a daily basis you will be working with Frontend and Backend developers and have a close collaboration with the Marketing team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Expanding and maintaining our online web application consisting of landing pages, e-commerce pages, account management, and static pages (blogs and recipes).
• Translating designs and style guides provided by the design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
• Building reusable code and frontend libraries for future use
• Maintaining our design system
• Participating in code reviews
• Contributing to task estimation
• Identify and escalate risks to the Team Lead
Who you are
We believe you are a person that shares our enthusiasm for delicious plant-based meals as well as our mission: Creating the future of food.
You are comfortable working in an agile environment with a high degree of self driven work ethic where you plan and schedule your own work. You are organized, follow good naming conventions and love to keep code easily readable and are used to collaborating with UX designers and Product Managers.
Requirements - we would be excited if you have:
• 3+ years' experience within application development
• Experience building frontend applications using VueJs or similar modern frameworks
• Basic knowledge of NodeJs
• Experience working with REST
• CSS Flexbox / Grid
• Experience with responsive designs
• Investigation and debugging skills
• Proficiency in English verbally as in writing is a must
Bonus points if you’re familiar with some of the following:
• Working with a headless CMS (Contentful, Storyblok …)
• Vue composition API (with Hooks)
• Performance optimization of web applications
• Using conventional commit messages
• Unit testing experience (automated would be a plus)
• Github Actions
• CSS custom variables
• Experience building and maintaining design systems
What we have to offer
• The best plant-based lunch in town (when you are at the office)
• An unique opportunity to work in a certified B Corporation
• Flexible working lifestyle with the ability to combine working from home as well as from our awesome office in Reffen (if working out of HQ)
• Being part of a team that works towards a tangible impact on the food system - and like to have fun along with the way
• A healthy work-life balance: we value that our employees carve out time for family, friends, and activities that make them thrive
• A supportive and open company culture
• Denmark based employment will include pension and health insurance
Our core values
• Commit to the extraordinary: we aim to set the bar high throughout the business
• Brutal honesty: we build honest relationships with each other and our customers
• Care relentlessly: we serve everyone personally, within and without
• Fearlessly commit: we believe in a long-term commitment and go all the way
• Trust yourself and our customers: we celebrate our failures as much as our successes and make room for talent who can help us become better
If you think this sounds like a good match and you are interested in joining our international team, please apply below and let’s chat. We will process applications and arrange interviews on a continuous basis.
Simple Feast encourages anyone interested regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or preference or race to apply for the position. We value diversity of all kinds and we always try to improve our ability to hire people with diverse backgrounds. To help us be as open-minded as possible, please know that we have made it optional submitting your name, age and background. For us, it does not say anything about your qualifications, as long as you submit your contact information, address, and upload a resumé. We are an equal opportunity employer.