Psst! We’r growing fast and we need your help to save the world.
At Simple Feast, we are on a mission to change the world’s eating habits toward a more sustainable future. We do it by using the power of plants. In Simple Feast we also know that all of our results rely on our employees. That is why we aim to be the best place to work and have fun while we work.
As we are scaling internationally, we need to add more talented people to the team to make sure we have the infrastructure in place to keep up with our growth. We are looking for someone who can take on the position as Payroll Specialist. You enter a company with a global perspective, we serve US, Denmark and Sweden.
What you’ll do
You’ll become part of our Finance team based in our HQ in Copenhagen. You will join a team of five members with various experience within finance and accounting.
We are in the middle of defining and implementing different accounting and administrative processes and you will, in cooperation with our VP of Finance and our Senior Accountant, become a key part of that process and get to influence our daily operations and accounting processes.
We have a “what we do not know, we can learn” attitude and prioritize a fun, open and positive work environment. In the position you will be exposed to the entire organization and will be come of the “go to” person in finance for the employee. We believe that with trust in one’s capabilities our people will blossom and grow in the right environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being main responsible for all payroll related task (payroll run – 100/150 payroll slips, reimbursement, reconciliation etc.)
- Have close collaboration with HR on employee matters
- Focus on our Danish and Swedish operations - knowledge of Swedish payroll is considered a plus
- Responsible and superuser for our time registration platform Planday
- Getting the opportunity to further improve and develop our payroll processes in cooperation with our VP of Finance and Senior Accountant.
- Contributing to all tasks in the Finance department such as bank reconciliation, expense reporting etc.
Who you are
We believe you are a person that believes in our mission to change the food system towards a healthier planet and humanitarian life. You are proactive and a team player with a “can do” attitude who works independently although belonging to a team.
Personally you are outgoing and not afraid to speak up and voice your opinions and ideas. You like the role as the go-to person for the organization when it comes to payroll related questions.
- You are an accountant or hold a similar degree in economics, and speak and write fluent English.
- You have solid experience in payroll and payroll processes and is ready for new challenges
- You possess the basic accounting knowledge (debit/credit), knowledge of the account payables/receivable workflow and the basic structure of financial reporting
- Experience with Planday is considered a big plus as you will become Planday superuser (not a requirement)
- You are familiar with various ERP systems or have interest in learning new systems - we use Economics but will go live with new ERP system Netsuite during 2022
- Experience with Swedish accounting and payroll is a plus - not a requirement
What we have to offer
- Probably the best lunch in town
- Flexible working lifestyle with the ability to combine working from home as well as from our awesome office in Reffen
- A unique opportunity to work in a certified B Corporation
- A rare opportunity to help scale a Danish brand into the North American market.
- Being a part of an international team that works towards a tangible impact on the food system - and likes to have fun along the way
- A healthy work life balance: we value that our employees carve out time for family, friends and activities that make them thrive
- A supportive and open company culture
- Pension and health insurance
Our core values
• Commit to the extraordinary: we aim to set the bar high throughout the business
• Brutal honesty: we build honest relationships with each other and our customers
• Care relentlessly: we serve everyone personally, within and without
• Fearlessly commit: we believe in a long-term commitment and go all the way
• Trust yourself and our customers: we celebrate our failures as much as our successes and make room for talent who can help us become better
If you think this sounds like a good match and you are interested in joining our international team, please apply below and let’s chat. We will process applications and arrange interviews on a continuous basis.
Simple Feast encourages anyone interested regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or preference or race to apply for the position. We value diversity of all kinds and we always try to improve our ability to hire people with diverse backgrounds. To help us be as open-minded as possible, please know that we have made it optional by submitting your name, age and background. For us, it does not say anything about your qualifications, as long as you submit your contact information, address, and upload a resumé. We are an equal opportunity employer.