Simple Feast is looking for hiring a highly motivated sous chef to be the second in command in the canteen. At Simple Feast, we strive for sustainability and minimizing food waste. To achieve our goals our meals are made from ingredients from left over boxes from the Simple Feast meal boxes. Therefore, our menu is highly flexible and changes on a daily basis. We cook nutritious and delicious vegan meals for approx. 100 employees. The successful candidate will employ its culinary skills in a small team, during weekdays from 7-15, with some flexibility.
This position will be based in Copenhagen and you will be referring to our Restaurant and Event Manager.
What you'll do
- Producing quality vegan food
- Help with preparation of cohesive weekly menus
- Organizing and maintaining of inventory
- Creativity and flexibility in using a variety of different ingredients
- Maintain a positive approach with coworkers
Who you are
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Previous culinary experience/education
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Knowledge of bread making, baking and desserts is a plus, not mandatory
- Interest and knowledge in making vegan dishes
- Showing initiative and independence
- Flexible team player
- Comfortable with speaking English with coworkers
- Non smoking
What we have to offer
- The best plant based lunch in town
- An unique opportunity to work in a certified B Corporation
- Flexible working lifestyle with the ability to combine working from home as well as from our awesome office in Reffen
- Being part of an team that works towards a tangible impact on the food system - and like to have fun along the way
- A healthy work life balance: we value that our employees carve out time for family, friends and activities that make them thrive
- A supportive and open company culture
- Pension and health insurance
Our core values
- Commit to the extraordinary: we aim to set the bar high throughout the business.
- Brutal honesty: we build honest relationships with each other and our customers.
- Care relentlessly: we serve everyone personally, within and without.
- Fearlessly commit: we believe in a long-term commitment and go all the way.
- Trust yourself and our customers: we celebrate our failures as much as our successes and make room for talent who can help us become better.
If you think this sounds like a good match and you are interested in joining our international team, please apply below and let’s chat. We will process applications and arrange interviews on a continuous basis.
Simple Feast encourages anyone interested regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or preference or race to apply for the position. We value diversity of all kinds and we always try to improve our ability to hire people with diverse backgrounds. To help us be as open-minded as possible, please know that we have made it optional submitting your name, age and background. For us, it does not say anything about your qualifications, as long as you submit your contact information, address, and upload a resumé. We are an equal opportunity employer.