Simple Feast is looking for an Analytics leader to drive business decisions and strategic initiatives across the entire global organization.
At Simple Feast we are on a mission to change the world’s eating habits towards a more sustainable future. We do it by using the power of plants. As we are scaling, we add more talents to the team that are interested in doing impactful work.
We are in need of an experienced analytics leader to continue building the analytics arm of our organization as the Director of Analytics, joining our global Ecommerce team. This will include uncovering strategic insights in our data, packaging recommendations into compelling presentations, and building internal tools and dashboards to grow and empower the organization.
The position is based in our HQ at the Copenhagen office and you must be able to work on location. Start date is as soon as possible. You will report directly to the Global Vice President Ecommerce.
What you’ll do
You will dive into internal Simple Feast data to uncover new business opportunities, investigate solutions for complex problems and support cross departmental teams in optimizing their activities all aimed at growing the overall business. The position will require thorough prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure the team is working towards the right goals and has the tools, processes and strategies required to achieve them. In this role you will have the rare opportunity to define some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake as an international growing company.
It will be your responsibility to grow, mentor and develop an expanding team of high performers as well as run cross-functional projects with our marketing, sales, operations, products and finance teams to solve challenging business problems at scale.
Furthermore your responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct analysis and share data-driven insights in succinct presentation with data visualizations to showcase the results of past initiatives, diagnose issues in performance, and propose the value of new endeavors.
- Design, build, and evolve automated reporting and dashboards that drive strategic decisions making across the organization.
- Develop and standardize analytics methodologies and operational metrics to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
Who you are
You have an entrepreneurial mindset, ownership mentality, a bias towards actions and are able to thrive in a fast-paced work enviroment.
As a person you are naturally curious, self-motivated, a rapid learner who is always looking for ways to innovate and improve wanting to share the vision and direction of the company.
Gritty - you are similarly comfortable setting big picture strategy as you are rolling up your sleeves.
- Analytical - you are a data-driven, analytical thinker that takes a process-oriented approach to solving problems and prioritization.
- Strategy - you are able to craft your data insights into presentations that are relatable, succinct, sophisticated, and impactful.
- Relationship-builder - you are able to understand the perspective and goals of multiple stakeholders at all levels across a variety of job functions and can triangulate to find resolution.
- Problem solver - you are a result-oriented thinker, able to use ‘first principles’ to solve challenging business problems at their root level and can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Leader - you are comfortable managing and leading teams in a fast-paced constantly changing team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a quantitative field
- 8+ years in a Business Analytics / Business Intelligence role with prior leadership experience
- 5+ years experience within high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, and an inclination to educate
- Experience with
- SQL is a must
- Google Analytics is a must
- Subscription metrics and cohort modeling is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience with data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Sisense), preferably experience with Looker
- Demonstrated ability to identify appropriate analytic approaches to solve broad business challenges.
- Aptitude and desire to present to business stakeholders with varying technical backgrounds
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce tangible results
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite for this position
- Knowledgeable of data governance and compliance best practices is a plus
What we have to offer
Probably the best lunch in town.
- Flexible working lifestyle with the ability to combine working from home as well as from our awesome office in Reffen.
- A unique opportunity to work in a certified B Corporation.
- A rare opportunity to help scale a Danish brand into the North American market.
- Being a part of an international team that works towards a tangible impact on the food system - and likes to have fun along the way.
- A healthy work life balance: we value that our employees carve out time for family, friends and activities that make them thrive.
- A supportive and open company culture.
- Pension and health insurance.
Our core values
• Commit to the extraordinary: we aim to set the bar high throughout the business
• Brutal honesty: we build honest relationships with each other and our customers
• Care relentlessly: we serve everyone personally, within and without
• Fearlessly commit: we believe in a long-term commitment and go all the way
• Trust yourself and our customers: we celebrate our failures as much as our successes and make room for talent who can help us become better.
If you think this sounds like a good match and you are interested in joining our international team, please apply below and let’s chat. We don't need a cover letter instead we will get to know you through some questions in the application form.
We process applications and arrange interviews continually.
Simple Feast encourages anyone interested regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or preference or race to apply for the position. We value diversity of all kinds and we always try to improve our ability to hire people with diverse backgrounds. To help us be as open-minded as possible, please know that we have made it optional submitting your name, age and background. For us, it does not say anything about your qualifications, as long as you submit your contact information, address, and upload a resumé. We are an equal opportunity employer.