Psst! We're growing fast and we need your help to save the world.
At Simple Feast we are on a mission to change the world’s eating habits towards a more sustainable future. We do it by using the power of plants. As we are scaling, we add more talents to the team that are interested in doing impactful work. We are looking for someone to take on the position as Junior Culinary Product Developer.
What you’ll do
The Junior Culinary Product Developer will be responsible for developing recipes and performing small batch test production of a series of organic plant-based recipes. This role is responsible for new product development (NPD) and optimization of existing products in close cooperation with the global culinary innovation team and the science team. Overall a highly collaborative position that interacts with the procurement team, QA, production units and a variety of external partners within selection and sourcing of ingredients.
This role will be engaged in in-depth research to ensure the use of best possible organic ingredients in relation to flavor, texture and general product quality and function. Also, this role will develop and maintain quality systems for process and recipe documentation.
The Junior Culinary Product Developer will work closely with the production team to ensure quality standards and alignment of flow.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Recipe development and documentation.
- Responsible and accountable for small batch test production.
- Work closely with the global culinary innovation team to exchange experience and inspiration on product related matters.
- Performing research and tests on multiple plant-based ingredients and documentation of process and results.
- Through close dialogue with the production team implement preventive actions to accommodate changes due to e.g. change of ingredients or production method.
- Responsible and accountable for supplying relevant internal teams and units with product related information.
- Work closely with the procurement team on selection of ingredients and suppliers.
Who you are
You have a background as a trained chef with a strong knowledge and interest in plant-based foods and supplements. You have experience in food and recipe development and an ability to drive recipe development from test phase to end product, capable of adapting to the changing needs of a dynamic growth-oriented business.
To be successful in the team means you are open-minded, creative, loyal and a team player.
- 5+ years of experience at min. chef de partie level from a restaurant
- Knowledge of core computer programs and aptitude for working with new systems and software
- Good communications skills
- English - written and spoken
What we have to offer
- Probably the best lunch in town
- Flexible working lifestyle with the ability to combine working from home as well as from our awesome office in Reffen.
- An unique opportunity to work in a certified B Corporation
- Being a part of an international team that works towards a tangible impact on the food system - and like to have fun along the way
- A healthy work life balance: we value that our employees carve out time for family, friends and activities that make them thrive.
- A supportive and open company culture
- Pension and health insurance
Our core values
- Commit to the extraordinary: we aim to set the bar high throughout the business
- Brutal honesty: we build honest relationships with each other and our customers
- Care relentlessly: we serve everyone personally, within and without
- Fearlessly commit: we believe in a long-term commitment and go all the way
- Trust yourself and our customers: we celebrate our failures as much as our successes and make room for talent who can help us become better.
If you think this sounds like a good match and you are interested in joining our international team, please apply below and let’s chat. We will process applications and arrange interviews on a continuous basis.
Simple Feast encourages anyone interested regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or preference or race to apply for the position. We value diversity of all kinds and we always try to improve our ability to hire people with diverse backgrounds. To help us be as open-minded as possible, please know that we have made it optional submitting your name, age and background. For us, it does not say anything about your qualifications, as long as you submit your contact information, address, and upload a resumé. We are an equal opportunity employer.