We are looking for someone who wants to do impactful work and can take on the position as Cook for our vegan Meal Kits.
What you’ll do
You will become an important part of our Kitchen Operations Team and will be responsible for preparing & cooking our organic vegan ingredients and dishes for our meal kits.
- Help to produce menu components by reviewing recipes, assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen.
- Execute hot and/or cold food production in large scale
- Attend to the detail and presentation of each menu component
- Prepare ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste; and portioning components.
- Complete hot meal preparation by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients and assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Adhere to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintain temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) log as required; and maintain appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- Store leftovers according to established standards.
- Coordinate daily food supply inventory for kitchen. Submit orders to supervisor.
- Assist with receipt of deliveries.
- Ensure smooth operation of kitchen services during absence of supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage, and work areas.
- Minimum two (2) years of hospital, institutional, or restaurant cooking - experience to include food preparation
- Current SERVSAFE certification or has successfully completed a sanitation course within the past year
- Current food handler’s card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Comfortable using a computer, navigating Windows, Microsoft Office, and Email
- High school diploma or GED
- Fluent in English
What we offer:
- 18$/hour - 30h/week guaranteed
- Healthcare Insurance, Vision, Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k contribution
- paid Vacation time off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Monday-Friday Schedule (7am-3pm)
About Simple Feast
Simple Feast is an organic, plant-based food company that delivers weekly meal boxes, straight to the doorstep. We started in Denmark and are now taking the Danish culinary experience global.
As a group of chefs, nutritionists and organizers we understand that real change towards sustainability will only happen when the new alternative is far better than the old. As entrepreneurs we are too impatient to wait for others to do it for us.